Each lesson includes:
- Slides: An HTML5-based slideset (not a PowerPoint) which actually embeds the actual HTML tags being described in order to better demonstrate them.
- Exercise(s): These can be started in class and then continued outside of it, and the teacher can decide when to reveal the solution for the exercises. For the most part, the solution to an exercise serves as the starting point for the next exercise.
- Additional Reading: Links that teachers can recommend students read after a lesson.
- Related Resources: Slides or tutorials that were useful in the creation of the lesson content. Teachers can visit these to get an idea of how other people present the content.
If you are using this material and have questions/comments, feel free to leave them here or on the individual lesson pages.
Lesson 1: Welcome & Review
JS 101 concepts, JS in different environments
Lesson 2: The DOM
HTML/CSS review, DOM access/modifying
- Slides: The DOM
- Exercise: DOM Detective
- Exercise: The Logo Hijack
- Exercise: Master of (DOM) Manipulation
- Bonus Exercise: GreaseMonkey
Lesson 3: Events & Animation
The window object, setInterval/setTimeout, Events, JS best practices