jQuery: DOM access
The DOM Detective
- Open up girldevelopit.com in Chrome or Firefox,
and open up the console (CMD-Option-I on Macs).
- Use jQuery to find the following parts of the page. You probably first want to use Inspect Element to figure out what their tag names, classes, and IDs are.
- Every image on the page
- The navigation area in the upper right
- The MailChimp sign-up form in the bottom
- The upper left-hand logo that says GDI (Hint: use CSS descendant selectors)
- The logos of the media sources that featured Girl Develop It (lifeHacker, TED, etc., at the bottom of the page)
- The big heading that says "DON'T BE SHY DEVELOP IT"
- BONUS: all the dots in the map